What can YOU do to help strengthen families in your community and give each child the opportunity for healthy growth and development? Volunteer with Prevent Child Abuse Colorado and put your time, talents, and treasure to work.
As an Outreach Volunteer, you could:
As a Fundraising Volunteer, you could:
- Host a Party for Prevention or another fundraising event within your community where the proceeds would benefit Prevent Child Abuse Colorado efforts
- Volunteer to make something that can be auctioned off or solicit local businesses to donate goods or services to raise finds for child abuse prevention
- Approach businesses about selling pinwheels in their stores
As an Advocacy Volunteer, you could:
- Distribute information on proposed legislation or ballot
- Organize community letter writing campaigns or events to educate public officials on the prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Attend community meetings to provide a voice for prevention efforts
- Participate in a rally or event during Child Abuse Prevention Month
As an Administrative Volunteer, you could:
- Help create a newsletter
- Design a table display for outreach events
- Track media coverage on child abuse and neglect prevention
- Do research on trends or strategies to prevent child abuse and negelct
- Maintain internal organizational databases
- Help us recruit and organize community volunteers
Serve on the Board of Directors:
- Serve as an active member on the Prevent Child Abuse Colorado Board of Directors to provide governance and oversight for the organization. There are 6 meetings annually and board members donate about three hours each month. Each Board Member is responsible for assisting with the development of financial resources to support the organization. The board is currently comprised of a diverse group of people from various organizations, backgrounds, and locations around the state.
Along with these current volunteer opportunities, we are also seeking out pro-bono services from an attorney, accountant, public relations professional, and a video editor. Please let us know if you are interested in donating your time.
We educate, connect, and mobilize Colorado communities and families so our children can grow and develop free from abuse and neglect.
Denver, CO 80234
Contact Us Online